As part of our commitment to youth arts education, the Milan Village Arts School is proud to present the Dan Fondell Young Artist Scholarship Fund. Dan Fondell, a long-term MVAS board member and avid supporter of the arts, believed that we need to expose young adults to the arts as much as possible, igniting passions and illuminating talents at young ages. This passes on our treasured local skills, regenerates our community and offers paths for future generations to make a living in rural Minnesota.
Right now there is also a dire need for arts opportunities, as funding to our schools shrink and college tuitions rise. This scholarship is for youth ages 13-25, aimed at older children who are ready to focus on a chosen skill and young adults who have interest and passion but maybe not the resources for our classes.
Terms of the Scholarship
- Applicants must be aged 13 – 25.
- Applicants may apply for one scholarship for each calendar year.
- The scholarship pays 80% of tuition. The applicant is responsible for 20% of the tuition and the Supply Fee for the class.
- The application must be submitted 1 month prior to the class.
- Funding is limited for each calendar year. Scholarships can only be offered if sufficient funds are available. If not, please apply the following year. If the scholarship has closed for the year, a notice will be posted on this page.
Things to Consider
- A scholarship for a class can only be offered if space is available. Some classes fill quickly. Please check availability before submitting your application.
- Though the scholarship is for ages 13 – 25, some classes have age limits. Please contact the school to determine if you are eligible.
- A decision on your application will take a week. Notification will be by email.